Monday, October 22, 2007

Charlie Weis


Another week, Another loss. I wonder who Notre Dame is going bring in to give a pep rally. Charlie Weis is supposely bringing back glory to Notre Dame. He has brought in big time recruits the last 2 years and what do they have to show for it, 1-7. It brings me to this conclusion, 1. Charlie Weis is an overrated coach. 2. He is also an overrated recruiter. Most big teams across the nation start Freshman and Sophomores that make a big difference in the team's play because they have a lot of players leaving for the NFL. I young team will struggle but they will also be competitive. Notre Dame looks horrible. Jimmy Clausen is making Ron Powlus look like a superstar. Every week we see Big Toad Weis up on the podium spouting his lip. Return to Glory, maybe when they hire a decent coach.

1 comment:

kroger said...

Much to my dismay, I am going to this weekends Notre Dame game against Navy (wife's boss is alum and gave us free tickets). Anyways, I will witness first hand the genius that is Charlie Weis. I think this is the week ND actually gains over 50 yards on the ground and over 150 through the air. For ND that will be a breakout game. Sadly, that will not be enough has Navy will break the 43 year losing streak to ND.

Here are my picks for this weekend's games:

Cincinnati Bengals (-1) If they can't beat the Bills or cover this spread, the offense has some explaining to do.

San Diego Chargers (+7) This is a lock unless the beast that is Adrian Peterson goes off like he did against the Bears.

New England Patriots (+5) Even though they cheat and are on the road, I just don't see the Colts defense stopping homo Brady and Co.

Wisconsin Badgers (-16) The Buckeyes will win but they won't be able to cover the spread.

Florida State (-7) I think we saw the real Boston College team against Va Tech. I don't see a repeat of that mircle this weekend.

Navy (-3) How bad is Notre Dame when you are only a 3 point favorite at home against a sevice academy. Don't they give you 3 points just for playing at home??