Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Michael Vick

I have tried to watch as little of this has possible but it is very hard to avoid. A few things annoy me.
1. People who are saying Michael Vick should be free. Dogfighting and the gambling are all illegal. He admitted to doing those things. It took him a few tries but he finally manned up to the charges and is willingly going to accept his punishment. He could have received a worse punishment but it could have been better. Instead of protesting the court house, how about helping some of the youth or others from making wrong decisions.
2. PETA people annoy me also. I love my beagle and I would not want anything to happen to him (my wife my kill me). But these people take it to the extreme. They almost remind me of those radical Christians that use to blow up abortion clinics. They are so wrapped up in the cause that they are delusional to everything else around them. PETA used Vick as a platform to let their voice be heard. And because of it, I can't stand them even more. Just like with the Vick supporters, these Peta people would be a whole lot more beneficial to society if they would stop protesting and do practical things helping animals.
I have never been a Vick fan and when these "experts" spew out stats about that he was below average, I kinda snicker. He might not have been the best passer but he was probably the most dangerous player in football because of blend of running and throwing. Living near Charlotte, the local media was always scared out of their minds because of what Vick does to the Panthers. They did not like to match up with him.
I am glad this is over (for now). I never want to wish bad on anyone because we all make foolish mistakes. We will see Vick's true nature when he gets out of prison. He will then show if he is sincere about his apology or he goes back to his foolish ways. Hopefully this is a learning experience for him and that he returns to society a better man.

No comments: