Wednesday, December 12, 2007

NFL--No Fun Leauge

5 years ago...Sunday afternoon, glued to the TV watching the NFL
Today...Sunday afternoon doing everything but watch the NFL.

How did this happen? I have realized I could care less about the NFL anymore. I use to be a huge NFL fan, heck you have to be a huge fan suffering through those awful Bengals teams in the 90s. But now I don't care. I have been trying to pinpoint reason why I could care less and here are a few.

1. The NFL takes themselves too seriously. On Sunday mornings, you have 3 different networks having a pregame show and each of these "experts" give you way to much analysis. As big of experts these guys are then why are they not working on a coaching staff or with a team. They act like they know it all and question everybodies decisions. the worst have to be John Clayton, Sean Salisbury or pretty much anybody at ESPN.

2. No vibe in the south. Yes we have the Panthers but the only time people care about the Panthers is when they win. Other than that, no one cares. In South Carolina, it is Clemson and South Carolina football all year (I almost feel sorry for them).

3. Tom Brady--he went to Michigan (enough said).

4. Not as good as college football...my only complaint about college football would be the BCS. College football has more emotion and nothing is better than watching #1 teams fall again and again.

5. The Bengals stink...Even when they were respectable, my interest was waning.

6. Too much NFL highlights...I don't even have the watch the games. I can see the highlights and it feels like I watched the game.

Well, there are probably more reasons but that is all for now. Later Tobin

No comments: