Monday, November 5, 2007

High School Musical

My wife loves Disney Channel. I have probably seen every episode of Hannah Montana and Zach & Cody. For the most part it is tolerable but there is one thing I cannot stand: High School Musical. I sat down and watched the first High School Musical with my wife. It was OK but it is definatly not my thing. Then Disney Channel played it non stop and had 50 different versions of it. It was more than one can bear. When I heard they were working on a second movie, I was like great I am going to have to listen through countless months of hype for this movie. So I watched the second movie, it was one of those times I wish I could have back. It was so bad that my wife couldn't stand it. Let me list the countless reason why this movie is horrible.
1. "I can't dance"--That was the title for one of the songs. Well maybe they should have changed it to "I can't act", "I can't write an original skit" or "I can't understand why so many people love this movie".
2. Too much high school spirit---Every other line said, "we can do it were Wildcats", "What team, Wildcats", "come on man, we're Wildcats." or "we stick together because we're Wildcats". I will never root for anyteam called the Wildcats ever again.
3. Zac Efron--He can't act but it was funny watching him doing a solo. It was probably the best Michale Jackson video impersonation ever.
4. Sharpay and her brother--These students are filthy rich. But why are they at a public high school.
5. The story--It was very cliche. Most popular guy gets job, brings friends with them (because they are Wildcats and they stick together), guy gets a huge ego, stops hanging around them, comes to his senses, lives happily ever after.

After watching the movie and seeing how bad it was made me thing they it was finally going to die. But no, it is more popular than ever and even more annoying. If a commerical for it comes on, I will flip the channel. You know it is bad when they come out with High School Musical action figures. Well our only hope is that it will die soon like every fad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric, Eric, Eric.....you my friend have to stop this madness. No one is forcing you to watch this crap on the Disney Channel. I couldn't even tell you who Hannah Montana is and in fact I only heard about this character 2 weeks ago when a guy at work was telling me that's who his daughter was dressing up as for Halloween. I think it is time that you manned up and grew a set and take back the control of the remote!